Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Brow Bling Is A NO

Photo from Pinterest.com

Brow Bling is the new thing. This Hunger Games inspired trend just hit Ulta's brow bar and is available to everyone. It's not just a runway look (which I would be okay with.)
I even saw a girl on Facebook that is planning on incorporating rhinestone clad eyebrows into her wedding makeup. 

Normally, I am receptive to new trends and even embrace them, but I just can't make myself like this one. It is so tacky!

I wasn't even aware of brow bling until I flipped through the Ulta circular yesterday. I immediately showed it to my husband and he commented that this new makeup trend was terrible. Generally, I think men are more attracted to a natural look.

Benefit Cosmetics is selling a set of 52 Swarovski crystals in two colors for $25. I am not sure how much it costs to have them applied at the brow bar. You can easily do it yourself by following the below steps & trick from Ulta's website...

Peel off black backing sheet. Use tweezers to pick up the self-adhesive crystals then place next to or directly onto brows. Press with finger to secure. Gently pull off crystals to remove. Adhesive on back of crystal is dermatologist tested.
Beauty tip: Bring the bling...a little or a lot. 
Tip 1: Touch O' Bling: Apply 3 crystals, evenly spaced, along brow bone. Begin under brow arch and finish at end of brow. 
Tip 2: Big-Time Bling: Select crystals and press directly onto brow hairs. Follow the shape of brow and place evenly throughout. 
Trick 1: For repeat use, apply crystals with a tiny dab of lash glue.Trick 2: The glitzy tin doubles as a trinket box.




Whats next?

Imabeautygeek.com


No comments:

Post a Comment